We have a saying around here: “We’re most content when we market great content.” Okay, well, no one’s actually said it yet (give it time), but we all feel that way. Good content marketing is about having a strategic approach to delivering content that’s consistently relevant, interesting, and, well, good. Great content showcases your insights and expertise and establishes you as a thought leader in your industry. The best content has what we call the Thank You Factor. That is, it’s so interesting, useful, and shareable that anyone reading it wants to thank you for sharing it with them in the first place.
Content comes in many shapes and sizes, and any particular piece of content can be used in several different ways.
- Blog posts: Offers your audience fresh, informative content, and increases your online visibility.
- White papers: Dives deeper into a given topic and showcases expertise and valuable insights.
- Tips and lists: Easy-to-consume and easily shareable. Should use visual call-outs for key points and takeaways.
- Infographics: Uses images and graphics to tell your story and explain complicated information in an easy-to-understand way.
- Video: A great way to cut through the clutter and make your point in a memorable way.
If you’d like to know more, we can help! To start, check out our white paper, Content Marketing and How to Use It Successfully. This will answer a lot of your questions as you seek to develop your own content marketing strategy.