In this post, we want to explain how you can use social media to publicize your law firm and improve your brand. This time, we will talk about Twitter, the popular micro blogging social media platform that millions of lawyers and law firms are already using to promote their services on the web. Have you already heard about how to manage Twitter accounts for lawyers?
Whether you already have a personal Twitter account as a lawyer or want to create one from scratch for your firm, keep reading!
I am a Lawyer, Should I Create a Twitter Account?
Can Twitter help you get more customers?
The answer is … IT DEPENDS.You must first analyze if your potential customers are on that social media platform, but if you do not know how to do it, you can always rely on a marketing consulting firm in Dallas.
A typical example of law firms that are very convenient to be present on Twitter are firms that deal with immigration law. This is because many foreigners may need legal services at any given time, and are often interested in an account that talks about it.
It is also very brand-differentiating to use Twitter if your firm offers high-value content in a micro-niche area that the majority does not dominate. You will become a reference in the matter, obtaining other lawyers and potential clients as followers.
If you have verified that your potential clients are on this platform, your firm would benefit froma Twitter account.
Advantages of Twitter for Lawyers
These are some of the advantages of owning a Twitter account:
- Provide visibility: like other social media, Twitter will give more visibility to your content and will make your firm known to more people.
- You will be able to share relevant information about your sector. Being able to re-tweet tweets from other accounts will make it easier for you to share valuable content related to law. This means that you do not have to spend as much time creating your own content and that you can publish often.
- Make your opinion known: especially if you have a personal account, Twitter is a good place for you to express your opinion on current issues, or even to expose your legal opinion on a media case. Keep in mind that you should never disrespect anyone and that you must be careful with your words, otherwise, you will give a bad image and it will be catastrophic for the reputation of your firm.
- Promote your website or blog: when you publish a new post on your blog, you can tweet it so that it reaches more people.You should also promote your website on Twitter from time to time, sharing, for example, the link to a section on your website.
- Knowing what your clients and other lawyers think: being on Twitter and following the right people (i.e., your potential clients and lawyers in the same field) will provide you with a lot of information and… information is power! You will be able to know what your clients think and what their needs are (legally speaking), and it will also allow you to be informed of all the news that is happening in the sector.
- It can help you connect with professionals from other fields, such as journalists or the media.
Because of these advantages, it is worth including Twitter in your digital communication strategy. If you are a lawyer and you do not know how to use Twitter correctly, since it contains many functionalities and it is essential to follow some guidelines, contact one of the best legal marketing companies so that your success is assured.